Please Adhere to the Following Guidelines
• Your must wait at least 3 months after major breast surgery, completion of chemotherapy, or radiation before your thermal exam.
• You must wait at least 3 months after a biopsy or minor surgery.
What to Eat & Drink
• Do not eat 2 hours prior to your exam.
• Do not eat or drink caffeinated products 2 hours prior to your exam.
Lifestyle & Medications
• Avoid taking medications or supplements on the day of your exam. Necessary medications-such as blood pressure or heart medications are permitted 2 hours prior. Please notify the technician.
• Do not smoke or use any products containing nicotine or alcohol 2 hours prior to your exam.
• Do not use lotions, powders, or deodorants on the day of your exam.
• Do not exercise or sunbath 12 hours before your exam.
What to Wear
• Please wear loose fitting clothing.
• If you are having a full body scan, please wear or bring socks to the exam.
What to Expect
To receive accurate results, the equilibrating time (the time it takes for your body to acclimate to the room temperature) is 15 minutes and the room temperature will be between 68-72 degrees. You will be asked to disrobe according to the type of scan chosen and the imaging will take approximately 20 – 45 minutes.
Please inform your Thermography Technician about any recent skin lesions or bruising, Rosacea or any other skin disorders as it may cause false positives on reports.