NEW PATIENT FORMS & APPOINTMENT PREPARATION
- What to expect during your thermal appointment:
- New Patient Forms: click here
- Pre-Scan Instructions:
- YOU MUST WAIT AT LEAST THREE (3) MONTHS AFTER MAJOR BREAST SURGERY, COMPLETION OF CHEMOTHERAPY, OR RADIATION BEFORE A THERMAL EXAM
- YOU MUST WAIT AT LEAST ONE (1) MONTH AFTER A BIOPSY OR MINOR SURGERY AVOID TANNING OR SUNBURN AT LEAST ONE WEEK PRIOR TO APPOINTMENT
- DO NOT EAT 1 HOUR PRIOR TO YOUR EXAM
- DO NOT EAT OR DRINK CAFFEINATED PRODUCTS 2 HOURS PRIOR TO YOUR EXAM
- DO NOT SMOKE OR USE ANY PRODUCTS CONTAINING NICOTINE 2 HOURS PRIOR TO YOUR EXAM
- DO NOT EXERCISE OR SUNBATH 12 HOURS PRIOR TO YOUR EXAM
- DO NOT USE LOTIONS, POWDERS, OR DEODERANTS ON THE DAY OF YOUR EXAM
- AVOID TAKING ANY MEDICATIONS OR SUPPLEMENTS ON THE DAY OF YOUR EXAM**
- PLEASE WEAR LOOSE FITTED CLOTHING
- IF HAVING A FULL BODY SCAN PLEASE WEAR OR BRING SOCKS WITH YOU TO THE EXAM
Please inform your Thermography Technician about any recent skin lesions or bruising, Rosacea or any other skin disorders as it may cause false positives on reports.
**Necessary medications-such as blood pressure or heart medications are permitted-please notify the technician
For your convenience, you can print your PATIENT FORMS to fill out and bring with you on your appointment.
To receive accurate results, the equilibrating time (the time it takes for your body to acclimate to the room temperature) is 15 minutes and the room temperature will be between 68-72 degrees. You will be asked to disrobe according to the type of scan chosen and the imaging will take approximately 20 – 45 minutes.
Reports are generally received within 7 to 10 BUSINESS days after your initial visit. Phone and/or Skype consultations to go over your results are available for an additional fee.